Insurance in Oregon

Issues relating to the purchasing, importing, and inspection of JDM vehicles in Canada

Moderator: mark

craighondo
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Don't have one yet

Insurance in Oregon

Post by craighondo »

Hey everyone,
I'm in the process of purchasing a BC registered vehicle. For any Oregonians out there with delicas, where have you gotten your insurance? What are the rates like?

Most importantly, where's your favorite place in Oregon to take it?!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crankshaft Culture
Vehicle: 1989 Delica

Insurance in Oregon

Post by Crankshaft Culture »

I went through Hagerty. I am paying $446 USD per year with a $1,000 deductible. State Farm didn't know how to insure it, but they want another stab at a quote. However, without a 17 digit VIN, they don't seem to know what to do. I'll be darned if they want to insure it as an '89 Mitsubishi Van, and have its value only be about $900!

Anyway, Hagerty was great. Had a quote in a bout 15 min. Plus, they specialize in specialty and classic vehicles.
craighondo

Insurance in Oregon

Post by craighondo »

Crankshaft Culture wrote:I went through Hagerty. I am paying $446 USD per year with a $1,000 deductible. State Farm didn't know how to insure it, but they want another stab at a quote. However, without a 17 digit VIN, they don't seem to know what to do. I'll be darned if they want to insure it as an '89 Mitsubishi Van, and have its value only be about $900!

Anyway, Hagerty was great. Had a quote in a bout 15 min. Plus, they specialize in specialty and classic vehicles.
Thanks, Crankshaft. I've got home and auto insurance through statefarm. Gave them a call yesterday and they said ribreplicate my existing coverage on my Prius (100/300 deductible), it would be 320 for six months. Geico was cheaper at 240 for same coverage (but I can get a multi car discount through statefarm that also lowers my Prius insurance)

Of course, I can play with the coverage as this deli won't be a daily driver - even though I asked that they give me a quote as though it were.

I'll look into Hagerty. What did they take as the value of your van?

Cheers!

Crankshaft Culture
Vehicle: 1989 Delica

Insurance in Oregon

Post by Crankshaft Culture »

craighondo wrote:
Crankshaft Culture wrote:I went through Hagerty. I am paying $446 USD per year with a $1,000 deductible. State Farm didn't know how to insure it, but they want another stab at a quote. However, without a 17 digit VIN, they don't seem to know what to do. I'll be darned if they want to insure it as an '89 Mitsubishi Van, and have its value only be about $900!

Thanks, Crankshaft. I've got home and auto insurance through statefarm. Gave them a call yesterday and they said ribreplicate my existing coverage on my Prius (100/300 deductible), it would be 320 for six months. Geico was cheaper at 240 for same coverage (but I can get a multi car discount through statefarm that also lowers my Prius insurance)

Of course, I can play with the coverage as this deli won't be a daily driver - even though I asked that they give me a quote as though it were.

Cheers!
I gave them $9,000 usd as the vehicle's worth.
craighondo

Insurance in Oregon

Post by craighondo »

Crankshaft Culture wrote:
craighondo wrote:

Cheers!
I gave them $9,000 usd as the vehicle's worth.
Great. Thanks for your help. I'll be looking out for you in the hills.

Return to “Import, Inspection & Registration”