Need an Out of Province inspection for a Delica in Vancouver

Issues relating to the purchasing, importing, and inspection of JDM vehicles in Canada

Moderator: mark

nautilus
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Delica

Need an Out of Province inspection for a Delica in Vancouver

Post by nautilus »

Hi,

I'm new here :-D . Found the website to be a huge help.

I am in the process of trying to purchase a Delica currently registered in B.C.. I am located in Manitoba, our provincial insurance will recognize another provinces Inspection certificate if it is current. 30 days in B.C. I believe. I want to have it Inspected in B.C. before I purchase it. As our facilities depending on what post you read and who you talk to, are not the best with passing RHD vehicles. I can then insure it here and then drive it back with no worries of finding a shop in Manitoba.

My question is can someone give me the name of a shop that does Out of Province inspections in or around Vancouver that will not fail a RHD as soon as they see it ie: canadian tire? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
thelazygreenfox
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 99 white Hi roof gas Chamonix

Re: Need an Out of Province inspection for a Delica in Vanco

Post by thelazygreenfox »

Nauty
Forget Canadian Tire.. Only for< 15yr old vehicles but they have to use your toes and fingers to count with.

As for inspections,
First I'd do a mechanical inspection at CVI, 604 247 0500. Butch could tell you if the Delica was worth buying...

Then I'd have Werners in Delta do the "Out of Province" inspection. 604 946 1711 They're making appts a week to 10 days away now although you might get in early if you ask nicely.
Good Luck
TLGF
Wear your mask, it keeps others from seeing the parsley in your teeth

Return to “Import, Inspection & Registration”