Single -> Dual Piston brake upgrade + auto -> Manual hubs

FalcoColumbarius
Site Admin
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=11103
Vehicle: Delica; Chamonix GLX ('92 P25W)

Post by FalcoColumbarius »

Image By jfarsang (Link to original thread: http://www.delica.ca/forum/single-dual- ... -3087.html)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Have to apologize about the pics. I had to toss 1/2 of them because they went all weird on me.

Here's the goodies.

I'm a fan of 'when I press on the brake pedal' my vehicle stops at a decent rate.

The stock single piston caliper's/pads the Delica's come with are 'o.k.' but my standards are somewhat high when it comes to braking.

Hence the upgrade. It's a direct bolt-on except two things :

1. shield has to be cut (top/bottom) about 2 inches to allow for the larger (longer) mounting bracket

2. brake line mounting plate onto the caliper is different. I just took it off. Doesn't make any difference.

As for the Superwinch manual hubs, I prefer manual hubs over auto's. I like to know that when it's off, it's off. When it's on, it's on. As well as manual hubs tend to be more reliable as there are fewer moving components internally and they are more robust. Downside is you have to get out of your vehicle to engage/disengage them.

Superwinch hubs from summitracing online in the US. $120 shipped

I bought all the brakes gear
-Raybestos Professional Grade calipers (semi-loaded = comes with slider pins,mounting brackets, pad mounting clips)
-Raybestos Professional Grade ceramic pads
-Raybestos PG Calipers

All are spec'd for a 1992 Mitsubishi Montero Sport (any parts place in US/Canada will have them)

Jesse

:M

Sent from my smart pad, using a pen.

Seek Beauty... Image Good Ship Miss Lil' Bitchi

...... Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. ~ Japanese Proverb

Return to “Accessories, Modifications & Ideas”