remote start tach sensor

Mitsubishi Delica Camper vans, lift kits & other Delica Accessories!

Moderator: BCDelica

mitch
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/

remote start tach sensor

Post by mitch »

Hey anyone out there installed a remote starter?? I cant seem to find a tach signal strong enough to hook up too ( so the alarm knows when the engine is running) any ideas? would you have to run some sort of amp?

Also the power door locks work with the key, but not so much with keyless?? same as rear gate? ideas?

Mitch
Mystery Machine

Re: remote start tach sensor

Post by Mystery Machine »

mitch wrote: ....(so the alarm knows when the engine is running) any ideas?
Are you looking for a feed that indicates the engine is actually running? If so, the output from alternator is the most obvious choice. This gives more than enough power.... :wink:
mitch wrote:Also the power door locks work with the key, but not so much with keyless?? same as rear gate? ideas?
Remote entry doors mean you'll need to fit a door solenoid (central locking motor) to the drivers door.

The existing key operated central locking works only from the drivers door, operating motors in the passenger and sliding door. Fitting a motor in the drivers door will enable you to lock/unlock the system from any door (except the boot/tailgate....see below :wink: )

The tailgate lock is independently operated from the rest of the system. If you are wiring in a remote system, you will need to take a feed from the tailgate switch near the steering wheel and tie this into the central locking system. This will then enable the tailgate to be included in a remote locking set-up although you will probably want to remove the 'gate open' bulb from the dash because this will be on all the time otherwise :? .

Regards,

Bruce.
L300 Mystery Machine (High Altitude Edition 8-) )
L300 MudMonkey ($400 bargain banger!! :!: )

mitch
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/

Post by mitch »

Thanks for the heads up bruce, the door locks turned out just like you said... the rear gate light is still on.

I have someone else doing the remote sart set-up. he said he usually hooks up to the tach with a sensor and is suppost to have 5 wires coming from it.. the delica only has 3.. (he says). so he's looking for a way to amp whatever signal comes off it to hook up to the remote system???? Maybe I'll mention the alternator idea to him instead.

cool looking ride! i'll post a pic of mine soon.

Mitch

Return to “Delica Modifications”