16x7 Wheels on an L300?

Mitsubishi Delica Camper vans, lift kits & other Delica Accessories!

Moderator: BCDelica

User avatar
Crankshaft Culture
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:07 am
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1989 Delica
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

16x7 Wheels on an L300?

Postby Crankshaft Culture » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:04 pm

I was curious if anyone was running a 16x7 wheel with, say, 215/85/16 tires on an L300?

I'm debating to go 15x7 with 30x9.50x15 tires or 16x7 with 215/85/16 tires.

Anyone have any photos of L300s with 16s?

User avatar
Growlerbearnz
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:58 pm
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Delica P25W
Location: New Zealand

16x7 Wheels on an L300?

Postby Growlerbearnz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:05 pm

http://dinoevo.de/new-wheels/, though they fitted 235/85/16 tyres.
Nothing says "poor workmanship" more than wrinkles in the duct tape.

User avatar
Crankshaft Culture
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:07 am
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1989 Delica
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

16x7 Wheels on an L300?

Postby Crankshaft Culture » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:53 am

Growlerbearnz wrote:http://dinoevo.de/new-wheels/, though they fitted 235/85/16 tyres.


Ah, I see. Thanks for that.

Anyone else?

Mr.SA
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:40 am
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Delica L300
Location: Denver

16x7 Wheels on an L300?

Postby Mr.SA » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:51 am

I'm running 16x8 0 offset wheels with 235/85 cooper at3's. the 16x8 and 0 offset fills the fenders perfect and it feels more stable to me now on highways/windy roads, they're stealth custom series f5's, they're super light so acceleration didnt seem to suffer. I did have to trim my front fenders a little, but not much.
regardless i think the 16x8 0 offset is the way to go.

User avatar
Crankshaft Culture
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:07 am
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1989 Delica
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

16x7 Wheels on an L300?

Postby Crankshaft Culture » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:53 am

Mr.SA wrote:I'm running 16x8 0 offset wheels with 235/85 cooper at3's. the 16x8 and 0 offset fills the fenders perfect and it feels more stable to me now on highways/windy roads, they're stealth custom series f5's, they're super light so acceleration didnt seem to suffer. I did have to trim my front fenders a little, but not much.
regardless i think the 16x8 0 offset is the way to go.


Pics? Are you lifted? The F5s are my favorite off-road wheels!

Mr.SA
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:40 am
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: Delica L300
Location: Denver

16x7 Wheels on an L300?

Postby Mr.SA » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:56 pm

Crankshaft Culture wrote:
Mr.SA wrote:I'm running 16x8 0 offset wheels with 235/85 cooper at3's. the 16x8 and 0 offset fills the fenders perfect and it feels more stable to me now on highways/windy roads, they're stealth custom series f5's, they're super light so acceleration didnt seem to suffer. I did have to trim my front fenders a little, but not much.
regardless i think the 16x8 0 offset is the way to go.


Pics? Are you lifted? The F5s are my favorite off-road wheels!

Not the best pic of the wheels but gives you an idea of how they fit the wheel wells. I just cranked up the torsion bars a tad in the front, which i dont think put it over stock height since the front seemed to be sagging. stock height in the rear.

IMG_0543.jpeg
IMG_0543.jpeg (383.15 KiB) Viewed 604 times

User avatar
Crankshaft Culture
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:07 am
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 1989 Delica
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

16x7 Wheels on an L300?

Postby Crankshaft Culture » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Looks great. I can't believe you don't rub! I figured for sure it'd rub with a 16x8 and 0 offset, especially with 235s. Would love to see more pics if you have them at some point.


Return to “Delica Modifications”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest