Jensen's EGR Removal Blank Kits - Now With More Cowbell

Mitsubishi Delica part numbers and purchasing information.
tonydca
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/
Vehicle: 95 L400 Exceed - yeah, baby!

Re: 1/4"(6mm) CNC-cut EGR Blanking Plate Kits

Post by tonydca »

PM sent.
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the elementary-school-aged boys...
FalcoColumbarius
Site Admin
Member's Photo Album: http://www.delica.ca/Photos/index.php?cat=11103
Vehicle: Delica; Chamonix GLX ('92 P25W)

Post by FalcoColumbarius »

With all due respect to Delica Friends and MDOC, Does this project really look like it is difficult? I think it is great that we see what's going on over in the UK, but considering that the metal they are using probably came from Canada in the first place... Do Canadians have the ability to put something like this together? Can we do it?! Perhaps we should just defer to the mother country, eh?

Come on, you guys?!

Falco.

P.S.: As far as that hose in the picture is concerned: The engine already has a hose that is twice as long that you can easily cut to any length you want. let's put things in perspective.
Sent from my smart pad, using a pen.

Seek Beauty... Image Good Ship Miss Lil' Bitchi

...... Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. ~ Japanese Proverb
Jensen
Vehicle: L300 Exceed

Post by Jensen »

Wow you guy's want these things bad... I'm back in the office 9am tomorrow.
CVI
Member's Photo Album: http://cviauto.com
Vehicle: 1994 Delica Space Gear Royal Exceed

Post by CVI »

Quick Fix....just plug the vac hose to EGR. Big chance it will solve the issue as long as the EGR valve is not in the open position due to soot, carbon and combustion residues...

Good Day to all !
Mark_R
Vehicle: L400 super Exceed

Post by Mark_R »

mitsubc wrote:Quick Fix....just plug the vac hose to EGR. Big chance it will solve the issue as long as the EGR valve is not in the open position due to soot, carbon and combustion residues...

Good Day to all !
Hi, Many people do this, but as you've mentioned most valves are stuck open or not seating anyway so it doesn't help much, Thats what we've found on nearly all the 400's here.
RichD

Post by RichD »

edit: missed a couple of posts on page 1. my comments are now irrelevant
Last edited by RichD on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Dagenais
Mark_R
Vehicle: L400 super Exceed

Post by Mark_R »

^^^^^ isn't $22.34 from lopar cheaper than your local supplier @ $30 ? :? or get 10 of you so you get them for $12.08 delivered. :-)
Jensen

Re: Cancelled: 1/4"(6mm) CNC-cut EGR Blanking Plate Kits

Post by Jensen »

I'm going to post this on the 2 threads so nobody misses out. I have the prices as follows (you've got options here).

1/8" thick blanking plate (only the one for the standard blank job NOT the elimination) $4
1/4" thick elimination plates (2 plates) $10

These prices are a group buy price only, after this purchase I will be still selling these (incase you missed out and you're reading this 3 months from now) for a still competitive $13.

I have no idea what dia and length the fasteners are, so if someone could supply me with that info I will include nut's/bolts/lockwashers. Also, the hose I can also include (even the plug) but again, I need to know what dia hose I'm purchasing.

As a side note, I'm having to cover the cost of programming which is the same program for both the 1/8" plate and the 1/4" kit. If everybody decides to buy the $4 1/8" plate my costs will not be covered and I'm now operating a charity. (in which case I most likely the group buy or I'll have to raise the price for this group buy) I encourage you guys to buy the 1/4" or I'll have to have firm orders ahead of time before I can set a price. Besides, you most likely want to free up some room in that engine bay anyways. Get rid of that EGR!!!

Also, for a couple of extra bucks I can drill and tap NPT holes in either of the 1/4" plates. This will also depend on how many people want this done (more=cheaper) although even if it's only a couple of you it'll still only be a few dollars each.
lopar
Vehicle: L400 (soon)

Post by lopar »

:-( Sorry if I stepped on anybody's toes. Was just trying my hand a finding best price, I know a couple bucks savings here and there adds up for me.

I am still going ahead and ordering 20 units from UK delica member. I am on Vancouver island so I will just try to distribute there and save people a couple more bucks for shipping.

I will start new post when I get ETAs and such.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone in the process.

Cheers
FalcoColumbarius
Site Admin

Jensen wrote:I'm going to post this on the 2 threads so nobody misses out. I have the prices as follows (you've got options here).

1/8" thick blanking plate (only the one for the standard blank job NOT the elimination) $4
1/4" thick elimination plates (2 plates) $10

These prices are a group buy price only, after this purchase I will be still selling these (incase you missed out and you're reading this 3 months from now) for a still competitive $13.

I have no idea what dia and length the fasteners are, so if someone could supply me with that info I will include nut's/bolts/lockwashers. Also, the hose I can also include (even the plug) but again, I need to know what dia hose I'm purchasing.

As a side note, I'm having to cover the cost of programming which is the same program for both the 1/8" plate and the 1/4" kit. If everybody decides to buy the $4 1/8" plate my costs will not be covered and I'm now operating a charity. (in which case I most likely the group buy or I'll have to raise the price for this group buy) I encourage you guys to buy the 1/4" or I'll have to have firm orders ahead of time before I can set a price. Besides, you most likely want to free up some room in that engine bay anyways. Get rid of that EGR!!!

Also, for a couple of extra bucks I can drill and tap NPT holes in either of the 1/4" plates. This will also depend on how many people want this done (more=cheaper) although even if it's only a couple of you it'll still only be a few dollars each.
Advice from the peanut gallery: Regarding the single plate for the "quick fix" I would recommend 1/16" mild steel. I don't think 1/8" would fit the bolts. For the duel plate truncation special: Would it be possible to to do the bottom one in steel and the top one in 1/4" aluminium? Seeing as the valve is gone then I wouldn't think the bolts would be an issue so may as well use the same metal as what you are bolting to to avoid the electrolytic reaction issues. On that note ~ no stainless bolts.

What say you to that?

Falco

...... Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. ~ Japanese Proverb
Jensen

Post by Jensen »

1/16" is totally doable, in fact the first plate I did was very close to that thickness. There would be no price drop on the cheap plate though, most of the cost is simply to pay for the program/machine time so $4. As for the Aluminum, that's actually a bit trickier as these are being laser cut. Aluminum is reflective and burns out a laser faster than cutting steel so there's an upcharge on laser cutting aluminum. My water guy was more expensive than the laser guy altogether. I could CNC machine the aluminum but it requires more cleanup of the finished part (I'd machine 90% of the way through a plate, then saw out the blanks and clean the edges) any of these options increases the price but if you're willing to pay the extra I can look into it.

OR, if you yourself just want the aluminum plate and nobody else is as picky I don't mind milling you one on the manual machine.
Jensen

Post by Jensen »

lopar wrote::-( Sorry if I stepped on anybody's toes. Was just trying my hand a finding best price, I know a couple bucks savings here and there adds up for me.

I am still going ahead and ordering 20 units from UK delica member. I am on Vancouver island so I will just try to distribute there and save people a couple more bucks for shipping.

I will start new post when I get ETAs and such.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone in the process.

Cheers

I'm not offended, in fact at this point in time I'm not set up well for shipping stuff personally and I'd prefer to sell these things locally (not that I won't ship it, I just picture myself hauling dozens of bubble wrap bags to the post office and it seems weird for some reason?). Anyway, I missed the recent local mini meet so I hope we could have another mini meet/group install on these things so that

a. I don't have to mail out a couple dozen of these things and
b. I actually have someone around who's done this install before so I don't screw it up.

There was another guy with a shop in Kelowna that mentioned he was thinking of making these, again makes sense. The shipping cost is almost as much as the cost of the parts so buy local if you can!
FalcoColumbarius
Site Admin

Jensen wrote:1/16" is totally doable, in fact the first plate I did was very close to that thickness. There would be no price drop on the cheap plate though, most of the cost is simply to pay for the program/machine time so $4. As for the Aluminum, that's actually a bit trickier as these are being laser cut. Aluminum is reflective and burns out a laser faster than cutting steel so there's an upcharge on laser cutting aluminum. My water guy was more expensive than the laser guy altogether. I could CNC machine the aluminum but it requires more cleanup of the finished part (I'd machine 90% of the way through a plate, then saw out the blanks and clean the edges) any of these options increases the price but if you're willing to pay the extra I can look into it.

OR, if you yourself just want the aluminum plate and nobody else is as picky I don't mind milling you one on the manual machine.
What about a plasma cutter?

Jensen

Post by Jensen »

Also ballz to cut with a plasma, draws heat really fast. Then if you don't feed fast enough you get a nasty edge that you've got to clean up with a mill anyways.

If Aluminum is what is absolutely required then the way to go would be water jet. But, no matter which way you slice it (literally) it'll get more expensive. Just cause it's a softer material does not mean it's cheaper (or easier) to cut. At least not with a decent finish, unless of course you're just talking about straight lines in which case it's like butter on a shear.
Luna-Sea
Vehicle: 90xeed+91cmnix,bth5spdz

Post by Luna-Sea »

This is a kit I picked up on a group buy from Delitan
normal_EGR_blank_kit.jpg
normal_EGR_blank_kit.jpg (19.9 KiB) Viewed 7948 times
I am pretty sure both plates are 1/8 stainless steel.
I can measure the plates and the bolts tomorrow.
I can source the gasket from Lordco I am sure
and post the part#

Having said that I would be pleased as punch to
get 5 sets of the 1/4 please and Thanks,

Right On! 8-) (I think)

Wait a minute I just read RichD's edit.that makes this a
Zhambeh.jpg
Zhambeh.jpg (20.2 KiB) Viewed 7948 times
Maybe you could repost your awesome fabbing pic for the
EGR plates or better yet make it a sticky in the technical section
where it can live a glorious life,free of comment but not appreciation... :M

Return to “Delica Parts for Sale (Non-Commercial)”